Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My other major innovation this semester

So in one of my previous posts I wrote about how teaching health to younger children through songs was an innovation that I think will improve my teaching in my next and last semester.

I have had a another inovation in my teaching thjis semester, that is the combined health and English lesson. As I have noted there is not a keen interest in health education at my school, or at least I have not been able to find that interest here. But for economic reasons there is a keen interest among some students for learning English. So I just teach English, but I teach health vocabulary and prevenative health concepts like the importance of drinking water and exercise.

This way my students get what they want and need, free English lessons from a native speaker, and I get to do what I want- teach prevanative health lessons that are very important.

No comments: